EsKetamine is FDA approved for Depression and Suicidal thoughts
Esketamine (Spravato) was FDA approved for clinical depression that has not responded to two or more medications. It is given as a nasal spray. Esketamine works differently than the traditional medications for depression. Esketamine is one version of Ketamine molecule that is widely used for anesthesia.
Possible side effects of EsKetamine
All drugs have side effects. When someone has severe depression or is suicidal the possible benefits may outweigh the possible risks. EsKetamine may cause:
- high blood pressure
- nausea and vomiting
- dissociation (sometimes called as out-of-body experiences)
- perceptual disturbances (time appearing to speed up or slow down; colors; textures, and noises seem especially stimulating; blurry vision)
- it may have other side effects that are not known yet
Esketamine treatment is provided only:
- in a certified doctors office
- under supervision of a psychiatrist
- the individual is monitored for at least 2 hours after the treatment
- the individual should not drive or operate machinery until next day after a restful sleep.
Please call us at (770) 615-0226 for more information.for more information or if you have any questions.